About this book
This book discusses and elaborates on how practice-based pedagogy can effectively co-exist with the practices and interests of academia. In doing so, it lays bare the tensions between learning in workplace practices and the cultures that contribute to the complex relationships required for successful implementation in higher education. It does so in an attempt to resolve an approach within which university students may enjoy the learning inherent in the practice of work whilst pursuing robust higher education qualifications.
The contributions here variously explore the epistemologies, structures, politics, histories and rituals that both support and constrain opportunity and success in students’ experiences. They illuminate the issues, practices and factors that shape the processes and outcome of educational efforts to integrate experiences in both practice and educational settings, each of which has their own distinct cultures, practice within their communities.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-9502-9
- Copyright Information Springer Netherlands 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-94-017-9501-2
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-9502-9
- Series Print ISSN 2210-5549
- Series Online ISSN 2210-5557
- Buy this book on publisher's site