Table of contents
About this book
This book is a treatise on microbial ecology that covers traditional and cutting-edge issues in the ecology of microbes in the biosphere. It emphasizes on study tools, microbial taxonomy and the fundamentals of microbial activities and interactions within their communities and environment as well as on the related food web dynamics and biogeochemical cycling. The work exceeds the traditional domain of microbial ecology by revisiting the evolution of cellular prokaryotes and eukaryotes and stressing the general principles of ecology.
The overview of the topics, authored by more than 80 specialists, is one of the broadest in the field of environmental microbiology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-9118-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-94-017-9117-5
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-9118-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site