Table of contents
About this book
This volume contains the lectures given at the 10th International Congress of Plant Pathology (ICPP 2013) held in Beijing, August 25-30, 2013 on detection and diagnosis of plant pathogens, which represent two fundamental steps in disease management decisions.
A quick and reliable detection method in combination with decision support systems is fundamental in order to reduce the damages caused by old and new pathogens, thus permitting to reduce the number of treatments and to contain the potential losses.
Molecular methods are available for a number of pathogens and the volume provide good examples of application in different production sectors. Innovative techniques and methods are described to detect and identify different targets: destructive and non-destructive, air- or soil-borne, human- and plant pathogens, in plants or seed-born, native or emerging pathogens, on-site or lab-based. All to support international organizations to secure global trade and agriculture all over the world.
This book is aimed at researchers, students in advanced courses and extension services.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Detection and Diagnostics of Plant Pathogens
Maria Lodovica Gullino
Peter J. M. Bonants
- Series Title Plant Pathology in the 21st Century
- Series Abbreviated Title Plant Pathol.21st Century
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-9020-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-017-9019-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-024-0125-7
- eBook ISBN 978-94-017-9020-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 200
- Number of Illustrations 3 b/w illustrations, 19 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site