About this book
The Dead Sea transform is an active plate boundary connecting the Red Sea seafloor spreading system to the Arabian-Eurasian continental collision zone. Its geology and geophysics provide a natural laboratory for investigation of the surficial, crustal and mantle processes occurring along transtensional and transpressional transform fault domains on a lithospheric scale and related to continental breakup. There have been many detailed and disciplinary studies of the Dead Sea transform fault zone during the last 20 years and this book brings them together.
This book is an updated comprehensive coverage of the knowledge, based on recent studies of the tectonics, structure, geophysics, volcanism, active tectonics, sedimentology, and paleo- and modern climate of the Dead Sea transform fault zone. It puts together all this new information and knowledge in a coherent fashion.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-8872-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-94-017-8871-7
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-8872-4
- Series Print ISSN 1876-1682
- Series Online ISSN 1876-1690
- Buy this book on publisher's site