Table of contents
About this book
This book provides an essential update on microvascular decompression (MVD) surgery, which has been widely accepted as an effective remedy for cranial nerve hyperexcitability disorders such as hemifacial spasm, trigeminal neuralgia, glossopharyngeal neuralgia, etc. The authors describe in detail those steps of the process that need the most attention in order to achieve an excellent postoperative outcome, including positioning, craniectomy, approach and identification of the culprit, etc. Though it primarily focuses on surgical principles and technical nuances, the book also addresses the intraoperative electrophysiologic monitoring and pathogeneses of hemifacial spasm and trigeminal neuralgia.
Shi-Ting Li, MD, PhD and Jun Zhong, MD, PhD, are from the department of neurosurgery, XinHua Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, China. Raymond F. Sekula, Jr., MD, MBA, FACS, is from University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, UPMC Presbyterian Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Microvascular Decompression Surgery
Raymond F. Sekula, Jr.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-7366-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-017-7365-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-024-1336-6
- eBook ISBN 978-94-017-7366-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 193
- Number of Illustrations 25 b/w illustrations, 60 illustrations in colour
Head and Neck Surgery
- Buy this book on publisher's site