Table of contents
About this book
Within this landmark collection of papers, highly respected scientists and engineers from around the world present some of the latest research results in extreme value analyses for floods and droughts. Two approaches that are commonly employed in flood frequency analyses are the maximum annual flood and partial duration series or peak over threshold procedures. Recent theoretical advances as well as illustrative applications are described in detail for each of these approaches. Additionally, droughts and storms are systematically studied using appropriate probabilistic models. A major part of the volume is devoted to frequency analyses and fitting extreme value distributions to hydrological data. Other thought-provoking topics include regionalization techniques, distributed models, entropy and fractal analysis.
The book is of interest to researchers, teachers, students and practitioners who wish to place themselves at the leading edge of flood frequency and drought analyses.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-3083-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 1994
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-4379-5
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-3083-9
- Series Print ISSN 0921-092X
- Buy this book on publisher's site