Table of contents
About this book
The present volume comprises aspects of both basic and applied limnology. They include works on physical, chemical, and biological limnology, as well as experimental approaches in selected areas.
Contributions from investigators regarding aquatic conservation and biodiversity were specifically not available and therefore, these aspects are considered in various included works. Most manuscripts deal with lentic aquatic resources. This is not surprising since Mexican limnology followed the general study trend of that from temperate limnology. Despite this, we must emphasize that lotic resources in Mexico are quite important both locally and regionally. This does not mean that rivers are not under limnological research in Mexico, just that their study has only recently begun.
It is the intention of the volume to stimulate a larger section of limnologists to further research in this field. It is to be hoped that policy-framing governmental authorities in Mexico will benefit from it, and consider some of the aspects described so that further damage to the epicontinental waterbodies can be halted, and remedial measures can be considered in the future.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Advances in Mexican Limnology: Basic and Applied Aspects
- Series Title Developments in Hydrobiology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-010-0415-2
- Copyright Information Kluwer Academic Publishers 2002
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4020-0621-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-010-3913-0
- eBook ISBN 978-94-010-0415-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 228
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Reprinted from HYDROBIOLOGIA, 467
Freshwater & Marine Ecology
- Buy this book on publisher's site