Table of contents
About this book
Studies of surfaces and interactions between dissimilar materials or phases are vital for modern technological applications. Computer simulation methods are indispensable in such studies and this book contains a substantial body of knowledge about simulation methods as well as the theoretical background for performing computer experiments and analyzing the data.
The book is self-contained, covering a range of topics from classical statistical mechanics to a variety of simulation techniques, including molecular dynamics, Langevin dynamics and Monte Carlo methods. A number of physical systems are considered, including fluids, magnets, polymers, granular media, and driven diffusive systems. The computer simulation methods considered include both standard and accelerated versions. The simulation methods are clearly related to the fundamental principles of thermodynamics and statistical mechanics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-010-0173-1
- Copyright Information Kluwer Academic Publishers 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-1464-2
- Online ISBN 978-94-010-0173-1
- Series Print ISSN 1568-2609
- About this book
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences