About this book
Digestive Endoscopic Resection provides a minimally invasive method of diagnosing and treating gastrointestinal cancer. This book contains a comprehensive and detailed introduction to this technique. It includes preoperative preparation, surgical methods, intraoperative complications and postoperative management of advanced endoscopic procedures. It mainly focuses on endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) and endoscopic submucosal tunneling technologies, such as peroral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) and submucosal tunneling endoscopic resection (STER). This book presents essential surgical steps and diagnostic illustrations of these fast developing techniques. It provides a theoretical basis and valuable technical guidance for experts to perform ESD, and summarizes this new treatment of gastrointestinal disease not only early cancers but also other gastrointestinal disorders including esophageal achalasia, etc. The Atlas of Digestive Endoscopic Resection will serve as an ideal reference for physicians and surgeons involved in endoscopic minimally invasive surgery.
Editors Pinghong Zhou, Liqing Yao and Xinyu Qin are professors at Zhongshan Hospital, affiliated to Fudan University, Shanghai, China.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Atlas of Digestive Endoscopic Resection
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-7933-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-007-7932-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-024-0187-5
- eBook ISBN 978-94-007-7933-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 322
- Number of Illustrations 20 b/w illustrations, 323 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site