Table of contents
About this book
The book addresses the questions: Is Australia’s rapidly growing human population and economy environmentally sustainable for its estuaries and coasts? What is needed to enable sustainable development?
To answer these questions, this book reports detailed studies of 20 iconic Australian estuaries and bays by leading Australian estuarine scientists.
That knowledge is synthesised in time and space across Australia to suggest what Australian estuaries will look like in 2050 and beyond based on socio-economic decisions that are made now, and changes that are needed to ensure sustainability.
The book also has a Prologue by Mr Malcolm Fraser, former Prime Minister of Australia, which bridges environmental science, population policy and sustainability.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-7019-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-7018-8
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-7019-5
- Series Print ISSN 2214-1553
- Series Online ISSN 2214-1561
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences