Table of contents
About this book
Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), a type of adult stem cells, have attracted the attention of scientists and physicians alike due to their unique biological properties and potential for disease treatment. As stem cell research is complex and progressing rapidly, it is important that the experts in this field share their views and perspectives. This book, co-edited by leading global researchers, is divided into three major sections and covers a broad range of topics concerning MSCs during their transition from benchside to bedside. The book is intended for researchers and clinicians in the field of stem cells.
Dr. Robert Chunhua Zhao, a Cheung Kong Professor of Stem Cell Biology, is Professor of Cell Biology at the Institute of Basic Medical Sciences & School of Basic Medicine, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences & Peking Union Medical College (PUMC), Beijing, China. He is Director of the Center for Tissue Engineering, PUMC and Chief Scientist of the National Basic Research Program of China (“973 Program”). He also serves as Regional Editor of Stem Cells and Development.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-6716-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-6715-7
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-6716-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site