About this book
This publication is aimed at students, teachers, and researchers of Continuum Mechanics and focused extensively on stating and developing Initial Boundary Value equations used to solve physical problems. With respect to notation, the tensorial, indicial and Voigt notations have been used indiscriminately.
The book is divided into twelve chapters with the following topics: Tensors, Continuum Kinematics, Stress, The Objectivity of Tensors, The Fundamental Equations of Continuum Mechanics, An Introduction to Constitutive Equations, Linear Elasticity, Hyperelasticity, Plasticity (small and large deformations), Thermoelasticity (small and large deformations), Damage Mechanics (small and large deformations), and An Introduction to Fluids. Moreover, the text is supplemented with over 280 figures, over 100 solved problems, and 130 references.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-5986-2
- Copyright Information CIMNE 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-5985-5
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-5986-2
- Series Print ISSN 1877-7341
- Series Online ISSN 1877-735X
- Buy this book on publisher's site