About this book
This is the third volume of a three-volume final report, which thoroughly describes, synthesizes and analyzes the results of the four-year Integrated Research Project CIRCE – Climate Change and Impact Research: Mediterranean Environment, funded by the EU 6th Framework Programme. Conducted under the auspices of the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology in Rome, Italy, the study was designed to predict and to quantify the physical impacts of climate change in the Mediterranean, and to assess the most influential consequences for the population of the region.
Volume 3 is dedicated to the results of case-studies performed in CIRCE. These provide interesting additional materials to the assessments in the other parts and certainly they represent a rare example of integrated analysis of the impact of climate change. The case studies collected here represent urban, rural and coastal environments, drawn from the north and the south of the Mediterranean shore. Discussion also includes the involvement of stakeholders, the level of engagement and the data and knowledge indicators used in the assessment and adaptation strategies.
Volume 1, subtitled Air, Sea and Precipitation, comprises Parts 1 and 2 of the report, which reviews current knowledge of observed climate variability and trends in the Mediterranean, and includes descriptions of available temperature and precipitation station
Volume 2, subtitled Agriculture, Forests and Ecosystem Services and People, comprises Parts 3 and 4 of the report. These focus respectively on ecosystem services and socio-economic impacts of climate change in the Mediterranean region.
Regional Assessment of Climate Change in the Mediterranean represents a research initiative of unprecedented size and scope. Each volume is carefully constructed to stand alone, offering a wealth of information and insight. Beyond its own significant value, the report is expected to contribute to a rapidly expanding body of research and analysis on the topic.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Regional Assessment of Climate Change in the Mediterranean
- Book Subtitle Volume 3: Case Studies
- Series Title Advances in Global Change Research
- Series Abbreviated Title Adv.Global Change Res.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-5769-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-007-5768-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-007-9767-3
- eBook ISBN 978-94-007-5769-1
- Series ISSN 1574-0919
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVI, 225
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Earth System Sciences
Climate Change/Climate Change Impacts
Social Sciences, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences