About this book
With increasing globalization of business and science, cultural differences of the parties are an important factor that affects the process and outcomes of collaborative and self-interested interactions. The social science literature on culture, human collaboration and negotiation is mostly devoted to work within the same culture. Computer science and Artificial intelligence researchers have developed computational models of cooperation, conflict resolution and negotiation without paying a great deal of attention to identifying and modelling cultural factors.
The interest in understanding inter-cultural interactions has increased substantially and has led to greater interest of social scientists and computational scientists in theoretical and experimental analysis of inter-cultural exchanges, modelling and support. The aim of this volume is to bridge the gap and bring these communities together to share research work and experiences, discuss ideas and forge interdisciplinary collaborative relations.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-5574-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-5573-4
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-5574-1
- Series Print ISSN 1871-935X
- Buy this book on publisher's site