About this book
This volume addresses the cultural, technical and ethical motivations of the history of drawing of machines and its developments step by step. First it treats drawings without any technical character; then the Renaissance with its new forms of drawing; the 18th century, with orthographic projections, immediately used by industry; the 19th century, including the applications of drawing in industry; and the 20th century, with the standardization institutions and the use of the computer. The role of historical drawings and archives in modern design is also examined.
This book is of value to all those who are interested in technical drawing, either from an artistic, from a design, or from an engineering point of view.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-5407-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-5406-5
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-5407-2
- Series Print ISSN 1875-3442
- Series Online ISSN 1875-3426
- Buy this book on publisher's site