About this book
This book deals with the development of temperate coastal sand dunes and the way these have been influenced by human activity. The different states in which the habitat exists both for the beach/foredune and inland dune are reviewed against the pressures exerted upon them. Options for management are considered and the likely consequences of taking a particular course of action highlighted. These options include traditional approaches to the conservation and management of wildlife and landscapes as well as habitat restoration. The way the value of the areas changes under different management regimes is considered mainly from an environmental perspective. Consideration is given to new approaches to management and restoration including adopting a more dynamic approach.
This book will be of interest to academics, students and professionals concerned with policy formulation and /or actively managing coastal areas.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-4731-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-4730-2
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-4731-9
- Series Print ISSN 2211-0577
- Series Online ISSN 2211-0585
- Buy this book on publisher's site