Table of contents
About this book
This volume offers contributions by thought leaders from a variety of disciplines and different perspectives, which are brought together in a final chapter. The contributions give insight in the role of large-scale international assessments as change agents. As national leaders recognize the growing importance of human capital and how it is distributed, policymakers, economists and decision makers in education have become increasingly interested in results from comparative international surveys. These assessments offer important information on the development of cognitive skills and the consequences of differences in the distribution of these skills. Researchers use the data to assess the role of human capital in predicting outcomes and to identify factors that may contribute to the development of more human capital.
An invaluable resource for researchers in international comparative education, policy studies, economics, civics education, educational technology, and policy makers.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-4629-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-4628-2
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-4629-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site