About this book
The tropical plant family Pandanaceae comprises three genera, Freycinetia, Pandanus and Sararanga. One-hundred and fourteen genera and 226 species of fungi were found on dead leaves of Pandanaceae collected in Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Fiji, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mauritius, Nepal, New Zealand, Niue, Philippines, Seychelles, Vanuatu and Vietnam. Taxonomic issues within each fungus genus are discussed and reference made to preceding work.
All species are written up with bibliographic details, relevant measurements of the current specimens, known habitat and distribution, collection details, and a discussion on taxonomic conclusions. New taxa (4 genera, 35 species) are fully described and illustrated, each with a plate showing relevant macro- and microscopic details. Keys and/or synoptic tables are provided to all species in 28 genera. In addition, details on almost 700 species of fungi described and recorded worldwide from the Pandanaceae are listed.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-4447-9
- Copyright Information Mushroom Research Foundation 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-4446-2
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-4447-9
- Series Print ISSN 1608-6791
- Series Online ISSN 2212-6236
- Buy this book on publisher's site