Table of contents
About this book
This book provides readers with a comprehensive picture of diverse growth trajectories of East Asian youth from early adolescence to young adulthood. Based on a unique panel dataset of Taiwanese youth from the year 2000 to 2009, various life experiences since the junior high to senior high and to college are discussed in terms of influences on the long term development of psychological well-being. Situated in a rapidly changing social context, a typical youth in this region is faced with the constant pressure from traditional norms which remain strong as well as with the overwhelming impact of modern ideologies. This book aims to describe significant social mechanisms affecting different growth patterns and to delineate the interplay of various mechanisms in the developmental process during this particular life course.
The book includes comparative data from other East Asian societies such as Korea, China and Hong Kong.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-4081-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-4080-8
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-4081-5
- Series Print ISSN 2211-0550
- Series Online ISSN 2211-0569
- About this book
- Industry Sectors
- Consumer Packaged Goods