Table of contents
About this book
This book offers a comprehensive overview of the various aspects involved in biomass burning, highlighting the complexity of the phenomenon and the ensuing challenges for the design of approaches aimed at reducing fires in the open air.
Chemical issues are discussed in chapters 1-7, providing the core of the scientific and technical information. In chapters 8-12, experts in the human sciences provide information on people’s attitudes and perceptions. Both types of expertise are needed in the design of interventions that can motivate people and communities to opt for sustainable practices.
In closing, the book underscores the importance of pursuing an interdisciplinary approach in order to tackle the problem effectively. It offers a valuable resource for undergraduates, graduates, and policymakers working in the fields of chemistry, environmental science, science education and sustainability.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Biomass Burning in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Book Subtitle Chemical Issues and Action Outreach
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-0808-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature B.V. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-007-0807-5
- eBook ISBN 978-94-007-0808-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 160
- Number of Illustrations 8 b/w illustrations, 21 illustrations in colour
Environmental and Sustainability Education
Atmospheric Protection/Air Quality Control/Air Pollution
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Chemical Manufacturing