Table of contents
About this book
This book offers a comprehensive overview of the various aspects involved in biomass burning, highlighting the complexity of the phenomenon and the ensuing challenges for the design of approaches aimed at reducing fires in the open air.
Chemical issues are discussed in chapters 1-7, providing the core of the scientific and technical information. In chapters 8-12, experts in the human sciences provide information on people’s attitudes and perceptions. Both types of expertise are needed in the design of interventions that can motivate people and communities to opt for sustainable practices.
In closing, the book underscores the importance of pursuing an interdisciplinary approach in order to tackle the problem effectively. It offers a valuable resource for undergraduates, graduates, and policymakers working in the fields of chemistry, environmental science, science education and sustainability.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-0808-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature B.V. 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-0807-5
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-0808-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Chemical Manufacturing