About this book
This book aims to coherently present applications of group analysis to integro-differential equations in an accessible way. The book will be useful to both physicists and mathematicians interested in general methods to investigate nonlinear problems using symmetries.
Differential and integro-differential equations, especially nonlinear, present the most effective way for describing complex processes. Therefore, methods to obtain exact solutions of differential equations play an important role in physics, applied mathematics and mechanics. This book provides an easy to follow, but comprehensive, description of the application of group analysis to integro-differential equations. The book is primarily designed to present both fundamental theoretical and algorithmic aspects of these methods. It introduces new applications and extensions of the group analysis method. The authors have designed a flexible text for postgraduate courses spanning a variety of topics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-3797-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-3796-1
- Online ISBN 978-90-481-3797-8
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8450
- Series Online ISSN 1616-6361
- Buy this book on publisher's site