Table of contents
About this book
This textbook aims to be the bridge between plate theory and FE-software.
Structural engineers must translate elastic analysis results into economic structure dimensions and reinforcement, which raises difficulties. Not all engineers are well enough equipped for the increasingly easy-to-use powerful programs. The problem is not lack of FE-knowledge, but rather ignorance of plate behaviour. Therefore, this book starts with classical plate theory for membrane and bending states, and proceeds to FE-practice.
This volume can be used for university courses, serving as practical preparation for the engineering profession, and as a guide to structural designers.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-3596-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-3595-0
- Online ISBN 978-90-481-3596-7
- Series Print ISSN 0925-0042
- Buy this book on publisher's site