Table of contents
About this book
This book discusses strategic spatial planning with emphasis on the role of values and cognitions dynamics within the planning-evaluation interplay.
In the book, values and cognitions dynamics are investigated as crucial aspects of planning practices devoted to the development of strategic actions strictly linked to spatial contexts. Different methodologies and approaches are examined to support collaborative decision making and to manage comprehensive and participatory knowledge throughout strategic planning processes. The discussion is carried out from both theoretical and practical points of view.
The book also dissects the multiple meanings of strategic planning and its implication in terms of mobilization and creation of values and knowledge. Critical issues are examined in relation to both the dynamics of negotiation and construction of diverse values and knowledge in planning processes, and in relation to some experiences carried out in different urban contexts.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-3106-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-3105-1
- Online ISBN 978-90-481-3106-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site