About this book
Variation-Aware Analog Structural Synthesis describes computational intelligence-based tools for robust design of analog circuits. It starts with global variation-aware sizing and knowledge extraction, and progressively extends to variation-aware topology design. The computational intelligence techniques developed in this book generalize beyond analog CAD, to domains such as robotics, financial engineering, automotive design, and more.
The tools are for:
- Globally-reliable variation-aware automated sizing via SANGRIA, leveraging structural homotopy and response surface modeling.
- Template-free symbolic models via CAFFEINE canonical form functions, for greater insight into the relationship between design/process variables and circuit performance/robustness.
- Topology selection and topology synthesis via MOJITO. 30 well-known analog building blocks are hierarchically combined, leading to >100,000 different possible topologies which are all trustworthy by construction. MOJITO does multi-objective genetic programming-based search across these topologies with SPICE accuracy, to return a set of sized topologies on the optimal performance/yield tradeoff curve.
- Nonlinear sensitivity analysis, topology decision trees, and analytical tradeoffs. With a data-mining perspective on Pareto-optimal topologies, this book shows how to do global nonlinear sensitivity analysis on topology and sizing variables, automatically extract a specs-to-topology decision tree, and determine analytical expressions of performance tradeoffs.
- Novel topology design. The MOJITO-N and ISCLEs tools generate novel yet trustworthy topologies; including boosting digitally-sized circuits for analog functionality.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-2906-5
- Copyright Information Springer Netherlands 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-2905-8
- Online ISBN 978-90-481-2906-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site