About this book
"Sustainable Retail Development" addresses the emerging issue of green retail buildings and retail development that will grow significantly in importance over the next half-decade, a trend seen throughout the developed world. This volume is a practical and comprehensive guide to greening retail real estate, including green building and marketing strategies, corporate sustainability programs and features a 10-point "action program" for greening any retail real estate portfolio.
"Sustainable Retail Development" should be essential reading for professionals in design, construction and operations of shopping centers and retail stores. Well illustrated, this volume features over 30 green retail developments from North America, Europe, South America, Asia and Australia, as well as interviews with 25 leading industry experts.
Leading green building expert Jerry Yudelson presents a solid business case for greening retail real estate and shows how leading companies are advancing sustainable retail businesses.
- Book Title Sustainable Retail Development
- Book Subtitle New Success Strategies
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-2782-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-90-481-2781-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-90-481-3719-0
- eBook ISBN 978-90-481-2782-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVI, 216
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Urban Geography / Urbanism (inc. megacities, cities, towns)
Building Types and Functions
Landscape/Regional and Urban Planning
Business and Management, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:“Bolstered with numerous case studies from around the world, Yudelson, one of the leading green building experts presents the case on why constructing new sustainable retail buildings and even converting existing structures to a more environmentally-friendly design is both good for the environment and for a company’s bottom line. … he provides useful suggestions for interiors and exteriors of commercial complexes. … the author also features a 10-point ‘action program’ for greening any retail real estate portfolio.” (The Compendium Newsletter, Vol. 38 (6), November-December, 2010)