Table of contents
Introduction to MORPHEUS
The MORPHEUS Architecture
The Integrated Tool Chain
About this book
Dynamic System Reconfiguration in Heterogeneous Platforms defines the MORPHEUS platform that can join the performance density advantage of reconfigurable technologies and the easy control capabilities of general purpose processors. It consists of a System-on-Chip made of a scalable system infrastructure hosting heterogeneous reconfigurable accelerators, providing dynamic reconfiguration capabilities and data-stream management capabilities.
Moreover a toolset which offers a software-oriented approach for implementing data intensive applications on the chip is presented. The toolset provides application design process based on high level programming languages as much as possible.
Various applications from differnt domains have been selected to drive the development of the project in assessing the MORPHEUS concept about its computing performance, utilization flexibility and productivity.
The emerging IEEE 802.16j standard for Mobile Broadband Wireless Access systems is the base for a first type of applications. The second application is in the area of telecommunication networks which requires data rates up to 40 Gbit/s per single line. A third application is about huge digital postprocessing of the films captured by digital camera or film scanners in resolutions up to 4K. The fourth application is about image processing for intelligent cameras.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Dynamic System Reconfiguration in Heterogeneous Platforms
- Book Subtitle The MORPHEUS Approach
- Series Title Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-2427-5
- Copyright Information Springer Netherlands 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-90-481-2426-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-90-481-8500-9
- eBook ISBN 978-90-481-2427-5
- Series ISSN 1876-1100
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIV, 280
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Circuits and Systems
Special Purpose and Application-Based Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site