About this book
Lymphangiogenesis and Cancer Metastasis introduces the new field of lymphatic vessel growth and development, and its relationship to the metastatic spread of cancer cells.
The book covers all aspects of this new field from the fundamental role that protein growth factors and their receptors play in lymphangiogenesis to the potential application of these advances to cancer diagnosis and treatment. Other clinical aspects explored include the mechanisms and importance of lymph node metastasis, the role of the lymphatics in lymphangioleiomyomatosis and Kaposi’s sarcoma, and approaches for imaging lymphatics in cancer.
The book also covers the innovative approaches taken by researchers to explore new roles for lymphatic vessel biology in the context of cancer.
The information presented in this volume, which describes the revolutionary concepts of tumor lymphangiogenesis, will be of interest to all students, scientists and oncologists who are seeking to understand the complexities of tumor metastasis.
- Presents fundamental concepts of tumor lymphangiogenesis and the molecules which control this process
- Provides a comprehensive summary of current research in this ground breaking area
- Provides a book which links progress in basic tumor and developmental biology with current and future oncology practise
- Is an essential text for molecular biologists, cell biologists and oncologists seeking to understand the implications of this rapidly developing area
- Book Title Lymphangiogenesis in Cancer Metastasis
Steven A. Stacker
Marc G. Achen
- Series Title Cancer Metastasis – Biology and Treatment
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-2247-9
- Copyright Information Springer Netherlands 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-90-481-2246-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-007-3042-7
- eBook ISBN 978-90-481-2247-9
- Series ISSN 1568-2102
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 249
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Cytokines and Growth Factors
- Buy this book on publisher's site