About this book
This book is the third edition of the 1999 lecture notes of the courses on interpolation theory that the author delivered at the Scuola Normale in 1998 and 1999.
In the mathematical literature there are many good books on the subject, but none of them is very elementary, and in many cases the basic principles are hidden below great generality.
In this book the principles of interpolation theory are illustrated aiming at simplification rather than at generality.
The abstract theory is reduced as far as possible, and many examples and applications are given, especially to operator theory and to regularity in partial differential equations.
Moreover the treatment is self-contained, the only prerequisite being the knowledge of basic functional analysis.
- Book Title Interpolation Theory
- Series Title CRM Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-88-7642-638-4
- Copyright Information Scuola Normale Superiore Pisa 2018
- Publisher Name Edizioni della Normale, Pisa
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-88-7642-639-1
- eBook ISBN 978-88-7642-638-4
- Edition Number 3
- Number of Pages XIV, 199
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking