About this book
This book covers all aspects (biological, pathological, genetic, clinical and therapeutical) of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasia, a recent cardiomyopathy which represents a very high risk of sudden death in the young and in athletes. The monograph presents the results of 5-year research program on ARVC/D supported by grants of both the European Commission and the NIH, which enabled the discovery of seven disease-causing genes, thus opening new avenues for the early identification of affected patients and for sudden death prevention.
A panel of top scientists, both European and Americans, contributed to this volume, which will be an essential reference for professionals and residents in cardiology, radiology, human genetics, and sport medicine.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-88-470-0490-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Italia 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Milano
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-88-470-0489-4
- Online ISBN 978-88-470-0490-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site