About this book
This book focuses on issues of governance and the nature and complexities of social transformation in India’s Northeast -- a ‘problem’ zone for policymakers -- particularly since the early 1990s. While governance is the thread that runs through the volume, the latter at one level addresses the challenges of governing in global times a region historically marked by acute violence, interethnic conflict and insurgency; and at another, traces macro changes in the very forms and technologies of governance. The essays in this volume point to how changing forms and technologies of governing insurgency, development and culture do not remain mere instruments of peace, but define the very nature and content of both peace and conflict and their interrelationship in the region.
For the first time in the history of scholarship on the region, the three crucial issues of insurgency, development and culture have been analysed through the lens of governance. This volume, therefore, marks an important addition to the scholarship on the region.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-81-322-1146-4
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, India
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-81-322-1145-7
- Online ISBN 978-81-322-1146-4
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5466
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5474
- About this book