About this book
Health of the people is the most important indicator of the development of a nation. Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity (as defined by WHO). The state of health of an individual or population depends upon complex interaction of the physical, biological, political and social domains. The environment affects the human health in a big way. People tend to be most susceptible to illness when physically or mentally stressed. Stress, energy and immunity form a closely knit network.
Through his experimental findings, the author has brought out this intricate concept of interdependence of biotic (living) and abiotic (non-living) factors in an ecosystem, resulting in an impact on human health, in an explicitly marvelous manner. As a result, a new word “Biogeogens” has been coined, “bio” for living (biotic) , “geo” for non-living (abiotic/geographical/climatic/environment) and “gens” for the interactive proceeds of the two. The content included herein is directly concerned with the societal health and gives a clue to many socio-psycho health problems presently not handled with care. It also defines a multidimensional approach for dealing with many psychosomatic and health problems.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-81-322-1084-9
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New Delhi
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-81-322-1083-2
- Online ISBN 978-81-322-1084-9
- Series Print ISSN 2192-3698
- Series Online ISSN 2192-3701
- Buy this book on publisher's site