About this book
The author develops a novel analysis method for QCD sum rules (QCDSR) by applying the maximum entropy method (MEM) to arrive at an analysis with less artificial assumptions than previously held. This is a first-time accomplishment in the field.
In this thesis, a reformed MEM for QCDSR is formalized and is applied to the sum rules of several channels: the light-quark meson in the vector channel, the light-quark baryon channel with spin and isospin 1/2, and several quarkonium channels at both zero and finite temperatures.
This novel technique of combining QCDSR with MEM is applied to the study of quarkonium in hot matter, which is an important probe of the quark-gluon plasma currently being created in heavy-ion collision experiments at RHIC and LHC.
- Book Title A Bayesian Analysis of QCD Sum Rules
- Series Title Springer Theses
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Theses
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-4-431-54318-3
- Copyright Information Springer Japan 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Tokyo
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-4-431-54317-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-4-431-54696-2
- eBook ISBN 978-4-431-54318-3
- Series ISSN 2190-5053
- Series E-ISSN 2190-5061
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 190
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Quantum Field Theories, String Theory
Elementary Particles, Quantum Field Theory
- Buy this book on publisher's site