About this book
Climate change and its implications for consumers and policymakers, have been discussed extensively. Adrian Renner provides a unique perspective on how stockholders react if companies move towards a carbon-conscious future. A multi-country event study approach was used to analyze stock market reactions of the largest 500 companies globally. The analysis shows that depending on the situation of the company outcomes vary substantially. For example, Asian companies were gratified by investors for their carbon-conscious behavior while European and North American companies got punished for this.
carbon disclosure carbon footprint climate-friendly behavior multi-country event study stock market reaction
- Book Title Does carbon-conscious behavior drive firm performance?
- Book Subtitle An event study on the Global 500 companies
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-8349-6224-9
- Copyright Information Gabler Verlag | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, Wiesbaden 2011
- Publisher Name Gabler
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Economics and Finance (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-8349-2964-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-8349-6224-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIV, 168
- Number of Illustrations 21 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site