About this book
Manage managers based on competencies and informal networks – Set task-based output goals for professional specialists – Control temporary workers at the agency level – Ensure that contractors are managed effectively as part of boundary-crossing networks
This book provides a framework of analysis to capture and explain differences in employment systems. Taking account of the wealth of research in the field, it provides a sound basis for developing function-specific performance management systems, integrating aspects such as incentivization, multi-source appraisal, and accountability.
From macro to micro approaches of HRM, the contents will be of value to researchers on employment systems, strategic HRM, and occupational psychology and to practitioners of HRM and organizational development.
Achim Krausert has been a consultant in the performance management group of Accenture, U.K. He obtained his D.B.A. from the University of Mannheim, Germany, and an M.Sc. and a B.Sc. from the London School of Economics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7908-2197-0
- Copyright Information Physica-Verlag Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Physica-Verlag HD
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-7908-2196-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-7908-2197-0
- Series Print ISSN 1431-1941
- Buy this book on publisher's site