About this book
Two trends recently dominated the corporate landscape: the success of Private Equity as a major force in the market for corporate control and the pressure on diversified companies to refocus. Private Equity firms have experienced unrivaled growth with investments in broadly diversified business portfolios, while multi-business firms have come under pressure from capital markets to divest unrelated activities. Therefore, one can only wonder what traditional multi-business firms can learn from Private Equity.
This study investigates Private Equity portfolio diversification, management models, and the opportunities for multi-business firms to apply the Private Equity toolbox. Following a comprehensive analysis of the relationship between diversification and performance, the study profiles Private Equity management models and links each model with performance. The study closes by proposing ways for multi-business firms to apply Private Equity key success factors in a corporate environment.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7908-2173-4
- Copyright Information Physica-Verlag Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Physica, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-7908-2172-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-7908-2173-4
- Series Print ISSN 1431-1941
- About this book