About this book
Telecommunications are increasingly recognized as a key component in the infrastructure of economic development. For many years, there were state-owned monopolies in the telecommunications sector. In transition economies, they were characterized by especially poor performance and high access deficits, as telecommunications were considered to be a non-profit-oriented production process intended to support the socio-economic superstructures. As a result, the starting point for the reform processes in transition countries was quite poor performed public monopolies, functioned under completely different circumstances as the peers in the market economies.
The main question of this book is what the strategies for the successful future development of the telecommunications sector in transition countries are. The special focus is on Russia, the largest of the transition countries.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7908-2104-8
- Copyright Information Physica-Verlag HD 2009
- Publisher Name Physica-Verlag HD
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-7908-2103-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-7908-2104-8
- Series Print ISSN 1431-1933
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking