About this book
Do you know where your investments go? How effective and accountable are the resources used in the international development? How can intercultural frictions, governance scandals, or corruption be prevented?
Based on a case study the author unveils a gap in the governance of development projects, a gap between implementation and governance, ultimately hindering effective, transparent and accountable usage of resources.
Illustrated with entertaining examples the author, himself a senior manager in development and business, develops a Project Governance model. Overcoming shortcomings of the theories of corporate governance and business ethics, of best practices in development and project management, the Project Governance Model is a concrete model for practitioners and academics. Its six modules build an integrated, strategically oriented and ethically reflected platform for a more truthful and efficient cooperation in difficult projects or programs such as in development.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7908-1927-4
- Copyright Information Physica-Verlag Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Physica-Verlag HD
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-7908-1926-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-7908-1927-4
- Series Print ISSN 1431-1933
- Buy this book on publisher's site