Table of contents
About this book
With logicism and formalism, intuitionism is one of the main foundations for mathematics proposed in the twentieth century; and since the seventies, notably its views on logic have become important also outside foundational studies, with the development of theoretical computer science.
The aim of the book is threefold: to review and complete the historical account of intuitionism; to present recent philosophical work on intuitionism; and to give examples of new technical advances and applications of intuitionism. This volume brings together 21 contributions by today's leading authors on these topics, and surveys the philosophical, logical and mathematical implications of the approach initiated in 1907 in L.E.J. Brouwer's dissertation.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7643-8653-5
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Basel 2008
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Basel
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-3-7643-8652-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-7643-8653-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Materials & Steel