About this book
This monograph offers the only comprehensive, coherent treatment of the theory - in characteristic 2 - of the so-called flock quadrangles, i.e., those generalized quadrangles (GQ) that arise from q-clans, along with their associated ovals. Special attention is given to the determination of the complete oval stabilizers of each of the ovals associated with a flock GQ. A concise but logically complete introduction to the basic ideas is given. The theory of these flock GQ has evolved over the past two decades and has reached a level of maturation that makes it possible for the first time to give a satisfactory, unified treatment of all the known examples.
The book will be a useful resource for all researchers working in the field of finite geometry, especially those interested in finite generalized quadrangles. It is of particular interest to those studying ovals in finite Desarguesian planes.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7643-8508-8
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Verlag, P.O. Box 133, CH-4010 Basel, Switzerland 2007
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Basel
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-7643-8507-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-7643-8508-8
- Series Print ISSN 1660-8046
- Buy this book on publisher's site