Table of contents
About these proceedings
At roughly 100 years of age operator theory remains a vibrant and exciting subject area with wide ranging applications. Many of the papers found here expand on lectures
given at the 15th International Workshop on Operator Theory and Its Applications, held at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne from the 12th to the 16th of July 2004.
Contributions cover the main themes of the workshop: invariant subspaces, Krein space operator theory and its applications, multivariate operator theory and operator model theory, operator theory and function theory, systems theory including inverse scattering, structured matrices, and spectral theory of non-selfadjoint operators, including pseudodifferential and singular integral operators.
The book will appeal to both researchers and graduate students in mathematics, physics and engineering.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title The Extended Field of Operator Theory
Michael A. Dritschel
- Series Title Operator Theory: Advances and Applications
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7643-7980-3
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Verlag AG 2007
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Basel
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-7643-7979-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-7643-7980-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVI, 388
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site