Table of contents
About this book
This book presents human-centered concepts and solutions for mobility, logistics and infrastructure that will make our growing metropolitan areas more livable and sustainable.
The still accelerating megatrend of urbanization is leading to constantly growing metropolitan areas. This creates a whole series of challenges for municipalities, as well as citizens, such as overcrowded traffic routes, limited building space and an increasingly difficult supply situation. With this book we want to answer the following question: How can people live in densely populated areas and meet their needs in terms of mobility, freedom, self-determination, security, prosperity, communication or in other words: how can metropolitan regions be made humane?The answer to this question requires innovative ideas and approaches in various areas:
- Sustainable designs of infrastructure
- Economically and ecologically efficient logistics and mobility approaches
- Intelligent applications for navigation and communication
All these ideas must be measured against the needs of citizens and should thus be developed following a human-centered design approach. This ensures that innovative solutions will be widely accepted by the public. In addition, they also have the potential to turn citizens into active co-designers of future metropolitan areas.
Prof. Dr. Patrick Planing, Prof. Dr. Patrick Müller, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Payam Dehdari & Prof. Dr. Thomas Bäumer.
All editors are faculty members of HFT Stuttgart University of Applied Science.
innovative Metropolitan Areas Mobility in Metropolitan Areas Metropolitan Regions Smart Cities and Infrastructure Intelligent Cities Innovation in Mobility Smart Logistics Sustainable Logistics Green Logistics CO2 Management Smart City and Mobility Technology Acceptance in smart cities
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Innovations for Metropolitan Areas
- Book Subtitle Intelligent Solutions for Mobility, Logistics and Infrastructure designed for Citizens
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-60806-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-60805-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-662-60806-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVI, 284
- Number of Illustrations 56 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Transportation Technology and Traffic Engineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site