About this book
Virtual test methods can contribute to reducing the great effort for physical tests in the development of lightweight products. The present work describes an approach for virtual testing of sandwich panel joints based on the Building Block Approach and the Finite Elements Method. Building on a multitude of physical tests on sandwich materials and joints, adequate sub-models are developed, validated and synthesized to top-level models. The developed approach is eventually applied for the development of a novel sandwich panel joint.
Ralf Seemann studied mechanical Engineering at TU Hamburg (TUHH) and at National University of Singapore. From 2011-2016 he worked as research engineer at the Institut of Product Development and Mechanical Engneering Design at TUHH. Since 2017 he works as stress & weight engineer at Diehl Aviation.
Finite Element Method Virtual Testing Sandwich Structures Nomex Honeycomb Aerospace Technology and Astronautics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-60276-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Springer Vieweg, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-60275-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-60276-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site