Table of contents
About this book
This textbook on Healthcare Management provides a systematic and comprehensive overview of the organisational forms and management instruments implemented in managed care.
Within the international discussion on the structure of healthcare systems, managed care is an increasingly important topic. Over more than twenty years managed care approaches have fundamentally influenced healthcare systems in terms of patient orientation, efficiency, and quality. Experts assume that up to 20% of healthcare expenses can be saved by applying high-quality managed care approaches. By using suitable organisational forms and management principles, not only can costs be reduced, but the quality of medical service provision can be augmented. Managed care is therefore much more than a cost-cutting strategy.
Advocates consider managed care to be a logical and necessary developmental step in modern healthcare systems. An increase in quality and at the same time a reduction of costs is not seen as contradictory but rather as consistent. Therefore, managed care is a response to changed challenges in the provision of healthcare.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-59568-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-59567-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-59568-8
- Series Print ISSN 2192-4333
- Series Online ISSN 2192-4341
- Buy this book on publisher's site