About this book
This book will teach you how a drum motor works
The drum motor is an important part of our lives. It is installed at every supermarket checkout and in many other machines. More and more manufacturers are relying on it, due to its many advantages. This is why it is also becoming ever more important in training and education.
This book is not only informative for practitioners, but also for school and university students and anyone interested in technology who wants to learn about modern drum motor technology as well as possible applications and drive dimensioning in the field of unit handling conveyor technology. Practical examples explain complex content on different topics in a comprehensible manner. These include:
• different conveyor belts
• common drives in conveyor systems
• variable frequency drives
• rotary encoders
• asynchronous and synchronous motor technology
• drive dimensioning
Although this book does describe classical conveyor design, it also goes far beyond that. You will also find out how current drum motor technology is developing and what applications it is used for.
A book for practitioners and theorists alike
This is a very practical book about drum motors. Having read it, you will be able to independently configure and identify the correct drum motor drive.
At the same time, detailed explanations of the fundamentals and the extensive use of formulae in this book about drum motors will appeal to theorists.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-59298-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Springer Vieweg, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-59297-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-59298-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site