About this book
With spectacular large-format images complemented by scientifically grounded, yet easy-to-read, explanatory texts, Georg Glaeser and Werner Nachtigall take you on an exciting journey through the fascinating world of macrostructures – small structures in nature that fulfill specific functions. This book will pique your curiosity about a secret world known only to a few by presenting an impressive range of evolutionary mechanisms, from shrimps’ “tail flips” to the adhesive pads of gecko setae and the implementation of biological structures in the field of bionics.
The book can be read in any fashion you please – the cross-references make it easy to jump across the sections, which are largely self-contained and discuss various highlights of the evolutionary process.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-59291-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-59290-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-59291-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site