About these proceedings
This Open Access proceedings presents new approaches to Machine Learning for Cyber Physical Systems, experiences and visions. It contains some selected papers from the international Conference ML4CPS – Machine Learning for Cyber Physical Systems, which was held in Karlsruhe, October 23-24, 2018.
Cyber Physical Systems are characterized by their ability to adapt and to learn: They analyze their environment and, based on observations, they learn patterns, correlations and predictive models. Typical applications are condition monitoring, predictive maintenance, image processing and diagnosis. Machine Learning is the key technology for these developments.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Beyerer is Professor at the Department for Interactive Real-Time Systems at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. In addition he manages the Fraunhofer Institute of Optronics, System Technologies and Image Exploitation IOSB.
Dr. Christian Kühnert is a senior researcher at the Fraunhofer Institute of Optronics, System Technologies and Image Exploitation IOSB. His research interests are in the field of machine-learning, data-fusion and data-driven condition monitoring.
Prof. Dr. Oliver Niggemann is Professor for Artificial Intelligence in Automation. His research interests are in the fields of machine learning and data analysis for Cyber-Physical Systems and in the fields of planning and diagnosis of distributed systems. He is a board member of the research institute inIT and deputy director at the Fraunhofer Application Center Industrial Automation INA located in Lemgo.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-58485-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- License CC BY
- Publisher Name Springer Vieweg, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-58484-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-58485-9
- Series Print ISSN 2522-8579
- Series Online ISSN 2522-8587
- Buy this book on publisher's site