Table of contents
About this book
Globalization trends and the rapid pace of technological innovations have introduced unprecedented change and uncertainty. For unprepared businesses, the drivers of the Fourth Industrial Revolution will become a constant source of surprise and crises will unfold at an ever-increasing rate. To thrive under these conditions, companies must adopt new risk management technologies and practices that enable business leaders to better anticipate and adjust to changing dynamics.
This book helps readers understand how algorithm-based predictive and prescriptive analytics principles can be used to control risk in today’s dynamic business environment. It serves as a reference guide for business leaders and risk management practitioners of companies that are global in reach or operate dynamically complex systems. Using the technological and scientific innovations presented in this book, business leaders can gain a wider understanding of risk and prescriptively determine which actions are necessary to ensure the business is optimally positioned to meet its stated long-term goals and objectives.
Case studies show how the presented methods can be practically applied to preemptively expose risks and support decisions to optimize, transform or disrupt current business models, strategies, organizational structure and information systems when necessary to maintain a market position or outperform competitors.
These methods have been proven through hundreds of client cases. By using mathematical emulation to link business risks to strategic imperatives, it becomes possible to achieve a higher annual profit margin and better growth. As we enter the Fourth Industrial Revolution, companies that are able to expose risks caused by dynamic complexity and maintain the alignment between the goals of the business and operational execution will be better prepared to make the shifts necessary for long-term success and keep the business moving toward its goals.
- Book Title Leading from Under the Sword of Damocles
- Book Subtitle A Business Leader’s Practical Guide to Using Predictive Emulation to Manage Risk and Maintain Profitability
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-56300-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature 2017
- Publisher Name Springer Vieweg, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-662-56299-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-58574-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-662-56300-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 233
- Number of Illustrations 157 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Information Systems and Communication Service
IT in Business
Economic Theory/Quantitative Economics/Mathematical Methods
- Buy this book on publisher's site