About this book
This book focuses on nonlinear wave equations, which are of considerable significance from both physical and theoretical perspectives. It also presents complete results on the lower bound estimates of lifespan (including the global existence), which are established for classical solutions to the Cauchy problem of nonlinear wave equations with small initial data in all possible space dimensions and with all possible integer powers of nonlinear terms.
Further, the book proposes the global iteration method, which offers a unified and straightforward approach for treating these kinds of problems. Purely based on the properties of solutions to the corresponding linear problems, the method simply applies the contraction mapping principle.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-55725-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany and Shanghai Scientific and Technical Publishers 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-55723-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-55725-9
- Series Print ISSN 2364-009X
- Series Online ISSN 2364-0103
- Buy this book on publisher's site