Table of contents
About this book
This book investigates the latest modeling and control technologies in the context of air-conditioning systems. Firstly, it introduces the state-space method for developing dynamic models of all components in a central air-conditioning system. The models are primarily nonlinear and based on the fundamental principle of energy and mass conservation, and are transformed into state-space form through linearization. The book goes on to describe and discuss the state-space models with the help of graph theory and the structure-matrix theory.
Subsequently, virtual sensor calibration and virtual sensing methods (which are very useful for real system control) are illustrated together with a case study. Model-based predictive control and state-space feedback control are applied to air-conditioning systems to yield better local control, while the air-side synergic control scheme and a global optimization strategy based on the decomposition-coordination method are developed so as to achieve energy conservation in the central air-conditioning system. Lastly, control strategies for VAV systems including total air volume control and trim & response static pressure control are investigated in practice.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-53313-0
- Copyright Information Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press and Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-53311-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-53313-0
- Series Print ISSN 2197-0238
- Series Online ISSN 2197-0246
- Buy this book on publisher's site